The Alliance for Animals is looking for an Executive Director to run our state-wide non-profit animal rights organization based in Madison, Wisconsin. The Alliance has an office in Madison, however the Executive Director will have the option to work remotely, within a reasonable driving distance to the office.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Administrative/Financial Management
- Membership/Volunteer Coordination
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Previous project or campaign management experience
- Knowledge of animal rights issues and Alliance for Animals’ mission
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Proven ability to take initiative and follow through
- Experience with website and database maintenance
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs, which may be necessary when transporting supplies to events and tabling locations
- Knowledge of WordPress, Microsoft Office, Adobe In Design, Quickbooks
Time and Compensation
- 30+ hours per week
- $20 per hour starting salary with paid time off for vacation, holidays, and/or sick days
- Performance review at 6 months with possibility of increased salary the first year
- The Alliance is not able to offer health insurance
- A detailed job description can be seen here
- Submit your resume with a cover letter discussing your achievements as they relate to this job and your involvement with animal advocacy. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Send to email@example.com or mail to Alliance for Animals, P.O. Box 1632, Madison WI 53701
- Our first round of applications are due by May 22, 2017. This job will remain open until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Alliance for Animals provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran. AFA complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.